Ok, so, this had been one of those weeks where everything went out the window. I always fear this in me, that if i get distracted, or feel down about something, then I just don't care about myself. So first things first, my nephew was born on the 11th, that was the last day I blogged. Very exciting, lots going on. He's healthy and beautiful, and I'm a super proud aunt. His name is Gavin, he was 8lbs 10oz and 55cm long. I predict he's going to be a super tall baby. And that Thursday was the last day I worked out. That weekend was family day weekend, and I went up to my friend Alex' cottage. It was great, we went cross country skiing, but here's the thing... I am now convinced I shouldn't do winter sports. I have a history of falling in the winter, and hurting myself. I just don't know how to fall. While we were xcountry skiing, I fell hard on my elbow, and now, 'til this day, I still can't straighten my arm fully or bend it completely. I suppose I should really get it checked out, but I feel like it's getting better, so I don't want to waste my time. Anyways, after that, I got into a bit of a depression. Just upset at myself, that I can't do sports without injury, and at this age, it just really gets frustrating. Anyways, I'm trying to get over it in my own way. So needless to say, today is when I'm going to get back on track. I'm super tired right now... I didn't sleep well last night, but I hope that getting back into my workout routine, I can feel better. I hope by Thursday when my personal trainer will come in, I will have a better arm, because it seriously limits me when I have a bad knee and a bad arm. In the meantime I'll be sticking to cardio, and avoiding arm exercises.
I finally found a family doctor... or really a practice of doctors linked to St. Joseph's hospital (where I was born). It's a teaching clinic, so there are student's and residents accompanied by doctors, which I prefer since they're young, and a bit more on the ball with newer treatments, especially since PCOS didn't really become known until the 90's and what I found is that all older doctors don't care as much... but these doctors seemed really supportive.
Thanks all for reading, I think this blog really helps me. I didn't want to disappoint, so I was avoiding writing in it, but I suppose this is part of the process. Hey, at least I'm not eating junk food... as I used to when I'd be depressed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment