Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Feb 9, The Mystery

Alright, I did it again, this morning, I stepped on the scale... just to make sure. And this time I did it before eating or drinking, and whew, I'm back down. Not to the 9lbs I lost but 8lbs... So, what's weird is that I then decided to conduct an experiment. I ate a yogurt with fruit (banana, 1/2 apple and 3 strawberries) with a spoon of maple syrup and mixed nut on top. I had a coffee and a pint of water, after I went to the bathroom, I checked my weight again, and I gained 3lbs. So, it's a mystery to me, that what doesn't even look like 3lbs of food and liquids, turns into 3lbs in my body... but never mind, I will never step on the scale again after eating... and I will wait a while before I go on it again, as it becomes addictive and a number shouldn't cause such emotional reactions.
So, last night, I did a 45+min strength training with my friend Alex. Afterwards, even though I wasn't hungry, but my PT said I must eat after a strength training workout, or else! So I made a pork cutlet with spinach and 6 new potatoes (those really small ones and they're low on the GI). I had a glass of bordeaux. I then had an apple with yogurt.
For lunch yesterday, I had roast chicken breast and mushroom soup, but I felt super full, so I should have only eaten half.
Today as a morning snack, I had nuts. I should have combined it with a veg, but I didn't get to. For lunch I had another pork cutlet (as I made 3 last night so I'd have leftovers and they were fresh). I had a piece of kabanos and carrots with tzatziki. I must learn how to make my own tzatziki, as I love it, and it will be healthier.
I didn't get a chance to workout this morning, since I was sooooo exhausted. I went to bed last night at 22.15, which is unheard of for me, and I had my alarm set for 6.15 and... well, I didn't get up until 8.00. I was sore, so I took a bath in epsom salts. Was late to work... oops.
Tonight, I must, I MUST do another 30 min cardio, since I missed it this morning. Yay. Do I enjoy working out? NO! However, I will keep doing it, because I have to... simple. I heard a useless fact the other day, that only 1 in 4 have the 'fitness' gene, and I can definately say, I don't have it. But that's why we must work hard to acheive our goals.. n'est pas? Alright, over and out, must get back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment